Glycosciences.de - glycoinformatics databases and tools
The Glycosciences.de web portal provides databases and tools to support glycobiology and glycomics research. Its main focus is on 3D structures, including 3D structure models as well as references to PDB entries that feature carbohydrates. These PDB references enable a targeted search for PDB structures with specific glycans. Such a search cannot be performed easily at the PDB itself.
NMR spectra, notation related tools, and further resources are also available.
12. Jul 2022: More than 15,000 PDB entries on Glycosciences.deThis month we reached the number of 15,000 references to PDB entries featuring carbohydrates.
In December 2017 there had been 10,000 PDB entries on Glycosciences.de — this means a 50% growth in less than 5 years! By now there are about as many references to glycan-containing PDB entries in our database as there had been total entries in the PDB when the pdb2linucs / pdb-care projects started in 2001.
Of course, we will continue parsing new PDB entries for glycans and adding the information to our databases to keep them further growing.
- Glycan entries: 28352
- NMR spectra: 3434 [2323 1H, 1111 13C]
- Literature references: 23258 distinct glycan structures in 21459 publications
- PDB references: 2180 distinct glycan structures in 16219 PDB entries
- 3D structure models: 14765
- Conformational maps: 2585
Please use the following reference for citing Glycosciences.DB:Böhm M, Bohne-Lang A, Frank M, Loss A, Rojas-Macias MA, Lütteke T
Glycosciences.DB: an annotated data collection linking glycomics and proteomics data (2018 update)
Nucleic Acids Res. 2019, 47(D1):D1195-D1201, doi: 10.1093/nar/gky994