Glycosciences.de - glycoinformatics databases and tools
The Glycosciences.de web portal provides databases and tools to support glycobiology and glycomics research. Its main focus is on 3D structures, including 3D structure models as well as references to PDB entries that feature carbohydrates. These PDB references enable a targeted search for PDB structures with specific glycans. Such a search cannot be performed easily at the PDB itself.
NMR spectra, notation related tools, and further resources are also available.
31. Aug 2018: SNFG-style graphics provided now in Glycosciences.DBSNFG-style graphics have already been in use in Glycosciences.DB within GlycanBuilder as an option to create (sub-)structure queries. Now SNFG-style representations of the glycans are provided with many Glycosciences.DB entries in addition to the textual representations in CarbBank-style format.
13. May 2018: New layout of Glycosciences.de, new featuresThe Glycosciences.de web layout was completely refurbished to allow easier navigation for users along with a clear presentation of resources. A set of new features has been introduced as well. These include:
- a content overview bar summarizing the information available for a glycan structure entry
- keyword search in Glycosciences.DB
- connecting bibliographic entries and glycan structure entries via PDB entries
- Glycan entries: 25070
- NMR spectra: 3432 [2322 1H, 1110 13C]
- Literature references: 20194 distinct glycan structures in 19527 publications
- PDB references: 1767 distinct glycan structures in 11061 PDB entries
- 3D structure models: 12557
- Conformational maps: 2585
Please use the following reference for citing Glycosciences.DB:Böhm M, Bohne-Lang A, Frank M, Loss A, Rojas-Macias MA, Lütteke T
Glycosciences.DB: an annotated data collection linking glycomics and proteomics data (2018 update)
Nucleic Acids Res. 2018, in press, doi: 10.1093/nar/gky994